We are an independent womenswear boutique with stores in Knutsford and Stockton Heath.
We pride ourselves on offering a collection sourced from a wide variety of British and International brands. Ranging from smart casual to more formalwear, our definitive range of clothing, footwear and accessories caters to the needs of today’s modern woman.
- Est 1903 - John Walker Broadbent opens a drapery shop in Warrington.
- The business rapidly grew – a second shop was opened and further businesses were launched in Wilmslow, Leigh and Macclesfield.
- In partnership with his wife, John Broadbent consolidated the business into a department store in Warrington, Broadbent and Turner.
- Together with his sister-in-law, he also opened a childrenswear shop, Broadbent and Ainsworth, also in Warrington.
- Over time the name reverted simply to Broadbents
- The second and third generations of the family specialised in ladies fashion and accessories
- The shop in Warrington was replaced by our womenswear boutiques in Knutsford and Stockton Heath
- Broadbents in Knutsford was opened in 1968 on attractive King Street
- Broadbents in Stockton Heath was opened in 1973 on the site of the former Stockton Heath Forge
- Broadbents boutiques have been created as fashion department stores in miniature.